RebeccaD

RebeccaD

Kindle Settlement

If you buy Kindle ebooks, you might want to check your email.  I just received notice that I got a credit to buy print or ebooks on Amazon.  I checked Amazon, and it was on there!  Here's what was on my Amazon page.

Information for eBooks Antitrust Settlement

In December 2013, a federal court approved legal settlements by publishers Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Penguin in antitrust lawsuits filed by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of eBooks. Those settlements resulted in credits for qualifying Kindle books purchased between April 1, 2010 and May 21, 2012.

Eligible customers do not need to do anything to receive these credits. If you are eligible, we have already calculated your credit and added it to your Amazon account. As long as you have credit remaining we will automatically apply it to your next purchase of a Kindle book or a print book sold by Amazon.com, regardless of publisher. The credit applied to your purchase will appear in your order summary. Eligible customers should have received a notification email from Amazon on March 25, 2014. You can learn more about the settlements at www.amazon.com/help/agencyebooksettlements.

Your Settlement Credit: