RebeccaD

RebeccaD

A January Bride

A January Bride - Deborah Raney

When Maddie Houser’s brother-in-law is transferred to Ohio, she moves to their house in Clayburn, Kansas, because they need someone to stay there while the house it being refurbished. She is a writer, and has a deadline in January. She is having trouble concentrating enough to write. She calls her eighty-four year old neighbor, Ginny Ross. Ginny has a friend, Arthur Tyler, who is a professor. She gets him to let Maddie stay at his house during the day to write while the house is being renovated.
Arthur is a widower, and Maddie assumes he is an elderly man because of his friendship with Ginny. However, he is only thirty-nine. The first day she is at his house, Maddie writes him a note to thank him. Soon, they are leaving notes for each other nearly every day.
I really enjoyed this novella. I liked that Maddie and Arthur got to know each other through letters before they even met. This was a cute story, and I am looking forward to the rest of the A Year of Weddings novellas. I got this novella from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.